Thursday, September 19, 2013

Dr. Seuss 1st Birthday Party

Welcome to Seussville!

My original goal was to spend only $100 for my son's first birthday. I figured I would go over and my husband "knew" I would go over, but I did spend less than $200 for everything with plenty of stuff for future parties.

 I bought some crazy straws for the kids and Take and Toss cups for smaller guest.
 I made "green eggs and ham" with white chocolate disk melted on grid pretzels and a green dot was made with food coloring.
 My cotton candy melted after about 10min of me putting the trees together. I'm not sure if this just happens or it was too warm in the kitchen. I found a bulletin board Dr. Seuss set on Amazon for under $10. I put strawberries and bananas on skewers to make a "cat in the hat" look, and I placed gold fish snacks in a fish bowl.  The cupcake stand I made myself using soup cans, cardboard paper, ribbon, and wrapping paper.
 I made this cute sign with poster board and sharpies.
 I made several (12) Truffula Trees for going down the hall and some were placed in the living room. Dollar Tree had sheets of 25 tissue papers for $1. I paid $4 to make 12 trees and 6 pom pom balls.

Cute little birthday boy! I find it hard to believe he is one already and if you have children you completely understand.

1 comment: